At Pierro, Connor & Strauss, our experienced estate administration attorneys offer a compassionate guide through the settlement of the estate of your loved ones. We focus on working to determine assets and their distribution while handling the many interpersonal conflicts that often arise among family members. Our long track record of efficient estate management has saved many families valuable time and costs – all while reducing headaches.
Estate and Trust Administration falls into four basic categories:
- Administration of Assets Passing Under Wills: If you are an executor or a beneficiary of a Will, we will help you determine the assets and debts of the estate, navigate your way through the court system and determine how to effectuate distribution of the estate.
- Administration of Estates Without Wills: If you are eligible to serve as an administrator or to receive assets of an estate without a Will, we will help you navigate your way through the court system, identify the lawful beneficiaries and determine the distribution of assets must be distributed under state law.
- Trust Administration: If you are a trustee or beneficiary of a trust, we will help you determine your rights and obligations under the terms of the trust and state law.
- Tax Advice: Regardless of what form of administration is required, we will provide the necessary tax advice needed to best meet the estate’s or the trust’s objectives in an efficient manner.
If you are an Executor, Trustee or a beneficiary and you have questions regarding your rights and obligations under a Will, Trust or an estate, call us to schedule an appointment to get the advice and answers you need.
Types of Trust and Estate Administration Services
Losing a loved one is hard, but honoring the wishes of the decedent can bring closure and simplify the process of estate and trust administration. Whether you are a fiduciary or a beneficiary – and whether your loved one died with or without a will – our attorneys can assist you in navigating the administration process. Choosing an experienced attorney can reduce stress and help bring about a timely and satisfying resolution.
Estate administration involves what may seem like an overwhelming number of steps. At Pierro, Connor & Strauss, our estate administration attorneys are well-versed in the law and ready to respond to a variety of issues that can arise during the administration.
Services we offer include:
- Probate the appointment of Executor and trustees and related services
- Administration of estates where the decedent died without a Will, the appointment of Administrator and related services
- Settlement of the Estate and Trust Accounts and related services
- Settlement of wrongful death actions on behalf of an estate
- Pre-mortem planning to minimize taxes, ease the estate administration process and fulfill the wishes of the decedent
- Post mortem estate, inheritance and income tax planning
- Federal Gift Tax Return preparation and related services
- Federal Estate Tax Return preparation and related services
- State Estate Tax Return preparation and related services
- Legal advice and representation in connection with estate, inheritance and gift tax audits
- Estate and trust litigation
- All other services connected with the usual administration of estates and trusts