Medicaid Monday: QUALIFYING FOR MEDICAID HOME CARE AND POOLED TRUSTS
Don’t miss the Medicaid Monday webinars – now in its second year of monthly educational programming!
Newly revised allowances to qualify for Community Medicaid are up slightly, limiting applicants to monthly income of $1,752, and assets such as a home, liquid investment and cash accounts totaling no more than $31,175. However, thousands of New Yorkers have income and resources way over those limits: how can they meet Medicaid eligibility levels without spending down their life savings?
On this Medicaid Monday, elder law attorneys Louis Pierro and Frank Hemming welcome special guest, Sarah Grimes, Director of Outreach and Community Relations from NYSARC Trust Services to explain how strategic legal and financial planning work to qualify. Join us on March 11 to learn how a combining a Medicaid Asset Protection Trust with a Pooled Trust can be a powerful solution to affordable long-term care in the home.
• What is a Pooled Trust and how does it save income for Medicaid recipients?
• What can Pooled Trusts be used for and not used for
• Creative solutions for spending pooled trust funds
• What is a Medicaid Asset Protection Trust (MAPT)
• How can a MAPT and Pooled Trust work together to qualify for Medicaid Home Care